The Ginori-Lisci villa in Querceto
with a beautiful embattled tower
It is a large building, located in the center of the village of Querceto. It was probably built at the end of the seventeenth century on the remains of the ancient medieval fortress, of which however nothing remains today.
The villa already existed in the early eighteenth century, but its current appearance dates back to the restructuring that was carried out by the owner Lorenzo Ginori between 1907 and 1911.
He wanted to give the villa a more medieval appearance, following the architectural fashion of the time, and built the crenellated tower and some new structures that were used to make the villa resemble a castle.
In addition to the main part there is a church, dedicated to San Biagio, and various service structures, among which the visible one is the large farmyard of oval shape paved with bricks.
Private property, visible from the outside. Accessible by car