The village of San Dalmazio
with medieval roots
San Dalmazio is a small village which developed on the site of a convent surrounded by towers and a defensive wall. The Church which probably dates back to 1146, houses paintings by Roncalli and a glazed terracotta tabernacle by the Della Robbia workshop. Just beyond the village are the enchanting ruins of the 10th century Pieve di S.Giovanni Battista, a rare example of Romanesque-Norman architecture.