The “borgo” of San Cipriano
of medieval origin
San Cipriano is located a bit north from, along the provincial road “pisana”, between Montebradoni and Molino d’Era.
The “borgo” was built in the Middle Ages around a small hospital called Verano in San Cipriano, and it was mentioned in the diocese’s archives in 1302-1303 and in 1356. The hospital was closed in 1383, when it was moved and merged together with the Santa Maria Maddalena hospital in Volterra.
The church soon became a parish church and annexed the small Sant’Orsola church in Ripabianca, or Riparbella, a place name which is still attributed to a “podere” not far away.
Some landmarks in the town include: the San Cipriano church, the Ormanni villa and the
In the land of the Etruscans