The village of Lagoni Rossi
Testifies a past of work and effort
The small town of Lagoni Rossi, now completely abandoned, takes its name from a toponym existing in 1538. But the village was built at the beginning of the 19th century as a factory village for the extraction of boric acid from the boraciferous lagones that were in this place. Here the workers and their families lived, with time the town was enriched with a recreational club and a church, which was built in 1936 by Prince Piero Ginori Conti based on a design by engineer Lamberto Musi. The project was carried out following the fashion of the time, which wanted a return to the Middle Ages and therefore the church was built imitating the Romanesque style.