A family that has been a reference point for the community
The “palazzo” is owned by one of the most important families of Volterra. The Inghirami family has been a reference point in the political, cultural and religious life of Volterra since the Middle Ages. The building is located there where the family’s old tower-homes were.
The current building is made up of different bodies. The main one was built in 1615 under admiral Iacopo Inghirami following a design by the architect Giovanni Battista Caccini. The family archive and a collection of Etruscan urns found in Volterra are kept in the “palazzo”, together with other artistically valuable objects that document the family’s history throughout the centuries.
The “palazzo” is private property, but it is occasionally open to the public.
Buildings and monuments
Piazza dei Priori 19/20 - 56048 Volterra (PI) - PIVA 01308340502