The San Biagio Church in Montecatini Val di Cecina
with its centuries-old facade
The San Biagio Church in Montecatini was consecrated on January 30th, 1361, as the inscription on one of the pillars of the choir reads. It opens on the main square of Montecatini Val di Cecina with its door that dates back to the 16th century, when the original facade was taken down after the construction of the rectory.
Inside, the church is divided into three naves with a trussed ceiling and decorated with black and white stripes. Many artworks are kept here, for instance a painting by the painter from Florence Neri di Bicci portraying the martyr of San Sebastian with Saint Biagio and Saint Antonio Abate..