The Casaglia Farm
on a hill crowned with cypresses
Leaving the SR68 and taking the SP14 in the direction of Miemo, one comes across Casaglia.
The little medieval village presents interesting architectural and town-planning aspects.
Not to be missed is the parish church dedicated to St John the Baptist, open only for mass.
The castle, with its turrets and battlements in front of the church, is also interesting.
The earliest reference to Casaglia dates to 1115, when the Bishop of Volterra purchased for the sum of 50 lire the rights that Count Ugo had over the medieval village.